Friday, June 24, 2011

Not Book Blogger Hop



Cause what kind of Friday would it be without a cute puppy? Right? Of course.

Anyway, because I really don't have the time to participate in the Hop, but really, really loved this week's topic, this is not Book Blogger Hop.

El Question:
“When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”


To be honest, I really don't know. Reading has always been a part of my life, I can remember begging my mom to read to me when I was probably 3 years old (which is as far as most of my memories go back), even though she had a really sore throat. Yeah, I was a nice kid ;)
During the first two years of college I didn't read as many books as I used to and after starting to again, I realised just how much I'd missed it. I did read stories on Fictionpress in the meantime, but not entire books, as most weren't finished yet.
But over the past year, ever since I can share my love of reading with all you guys here in the blogosphere and on GoodReads, I've come to realise just how much this means to me. Sharing my passion somehow makes it more real and blogging has made it a bigger part of my life than it already was.

So, while this is me not participating in the Book Blogger Hop, I'd love to hear your answers to this awesome question! Leave it in the comments or leave me a link to your post and I'll be sure to check it out!

Happy reading and have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I learned to read when I was pretty young - 4 years old - and I just loved reading. I always loved fairy tales but no one ever had time to read to me, so I just sort of took matters into my own hands.

    I don't think I realized how much I loved the written word until I was about eighteen and became addicted to Fiction Press :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot.
    PUPPY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved to read. In the third grade the school librarian lead me to the chapter books and said pick whatever you want. I picked "The Mona Lisa Mystery", and I was hooked. I've loved reading ever since, but 10 years ago it occurred to me that I had probably forgotten many of the books I've read. I started a book list, recording every book I read. I would say that's when books became a true passion for me.

    ReplyDelete