Sunday, February 19, 2012

Daisy Update (6)

Remember how I told you guys I was starting a new internship? Well, it's been going pretty well so far! :) The people are nice and I have my own patients to take care off, which is nice. Also: JUST 6 MORE WEEKS AND I'M DONE! I'm very excited but also a bit scared ;)
While I'm really enjoying myself at my new internship, it does keep me busy more than my previous one and I work longer hours, it adds about 5-10 hours every week. So I've been struggling with finding the time to read/blog/spend time with my boyfriend in the few hours I'm home before I fall asleep again.

On Valentine's Day the boyfriend and I went to see a small concert together and while the concert wasn't all that great and the guys on stage didn't really project any energy at all, it was nice spending time with him outside our home.

Also, in Holland we have this thing called carnaval, which is actually going on right now. It's sort of like Halloween in that everyone dresses up, I was Minnie Mouse for a day :) Only it last for 5 days. I went out on Friday for this and then yesterday I had originally planned to go as well, but I just didn't feel like it and ended up spending the evening blogging/talking on Twitter and reading, and spending time with my parents, who I hadn't seen in 3 weeks, so that was nice :)

Last week I got a new haircut, I think I let them cut about 6 inches off. It was SO SCARY but I'm really happy with it now! What do you guys think?



Bookish update: as I said I haven't been finishing all that many books, so I need to catch up on them soon! I did however order 9 books just half an hour ago and 1 on Friday... Yeah, I have no willpower whatsoever. Besides, I had a 10% off coupon that was begging me to use it!
I'm going to try and do an IMM this week, because it's been about two months (or maybe even a little over 2 months... I suck) and I have a lot of books to show you and people to thank and everything.

So how've you been? Did anything fun on Valentine's Day? Something exciting lined up for this week? Let me know!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad your internship is going so well! And your haircut looks beautiful :-) Carnaval sounds fun - I always want to dress up on Halloween, but it sadly never happens.

    You know, I recorded an IMM video for January and actually forgot to post it... hopefully I'll have the time / brain power to do one for February.

    Hope you have a great week Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)
      Carnaval is fun, but exhausting ;) I always love watching your vlogs, so I hope you do one for February! :)

      Delete
  2. I had two of the 10 % coupons but forgot to use one of them so - I thought I had to put the code at check out but you have to do it from the shopping cart :( - I guess that means I need to buy more books.
    :)

    been thinking of getting Raising Demons/Demonglass since it's, like four bucks in BD.

    Your hair looks really nice! Il ike it.

    And yeah work has been hard for met too, plus I've had a hard time engaging with the books I've read lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      The way in which you have to use it seems to change every time they have coupons! I was a bit confused by it as well. And lol, yes, that definitely means you have to buy more books! ;) Shopping at BD is so addicting!
      I've been having a hard time engaging with books as well, it seems they're either a hit or miss lately...

      Delete
  3. Your hair is really cute! I've been trying to decide if I should cut my hair, too, and your good result is making me think more seriously about it.

    I feel silly, but while I knew you were a medical student I didn't know you were from Holland (or did I mistake that?) Anyway, interesting to learn that fact about you, and I am glad your internship is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      It's totally not silly and you didn't mistake it, I am from Holland :) I love that blogging has allowed me to connect with people all over the world!

      Delete
  4. That looks really cute!! I need to get mine cut badly...

    Is carnaval in any way related to Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras?

    I'm glad your internship is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I think carnaval was originally a Christian celebration thing, but I'm actually not really sure. These days it's more about dressing up funny ;)

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear the internship is going well! And cute hair! I really like it! Carnaval sounds like fun. :) Love the updates!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Carnaval is fun, but exhausting! I used to go the whole 5 days, but then I'd need a whole week to recover ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy for you about the internship! And as I said, LOVE the haircut. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the internship going well and your new haircut! It looks great :) Carnaval sounds cool – is it like Halloween in that you get candy, or is it just costumes? Because 5 days of free candy would be awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That would be awesome! But it's just costumes, no candy. There is the eating of lots of junk food because you need to eat in between partying ;)
      And thank you! :)

      Delete