Sunday, July 8, 2012

Daisy Update (14)

Hi guys!!

It's been almost two weeks since my last Update and a lot has happened since then! Or it feels like a lot has happened, even though it's mostly just me starting my new job.

That's right, I started my new job this week and it's been wonderful!! I'm still getting used to getting up early and everything and I just crashed Friday night, but I'm loving it! I love that I finally get to work as a doctor and feel useful again and just have more responsibility and that I now don't have to follow other people around so I can get my paperwork signed.
All the people working at the department I work at are really nice! I did an internship there last year for three months and I'm amazed by how many people still recognize me, as an intern it sometimes feels like you're forgotten the moment you step out the door, glad to say at least at this department that's not the case at all! I feel right at home, and it's great!
Basically: YAY WORK!! :)

So, that's mostly what I've been doing, Monday had me sitting through a whole day of people explaining the computer system, which was a necessary evil. On Tuesday I started at the deparment itself and Wednesday is my day off, which was nice. It also felt like I was ditching, cause I'm not used to having a day off while working in the hospital.

The only thing that wasn't so great was having to get my car fixed. Yeah, I know, that car I bought a month ago. A week ago the engine overheated and I called the dealer we bought it from about it, so he said I could drop it off there and he'd take a look at it. Turns out the ventilator for the engine didn't work and he had to replace some things that I don't pretend to understand anything about. He was so nice about it and genuinely felt bad it had happened so quickly after I bought it, I'm glad I went back there and not to some other garage!

The boyfriend was away with his soccer friends for the weekend, so I went to visit my parents and have been relaxing in their backyard, it was nice :) Yesterday night I went out with a couple of my friends and we partied till 4AM, so I'm a bit tired today, but it's worth it :)

I've been so busy with everything surrounding work and my car that I completely spaced on my blogoversary on the 5th! My little blog turned 2 on Thursday and I just forgot *hides in shame*.
So, in honor of this milestone for me, I'm doing a little giveaway, head over to this post to enter for 15 euros worth in books open to anywhere the Book Depository ships!

In bookish news: I got approved for Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas on Friday and after finishing the book I was reading then I immediately started it, and YOU GUYS, IT'S AMAZING!!! I'm so in love with it, it's not even funny. I went off schedule to read it and that was the best decision ever! I loved it when it was on FictionPress all those years ago and this is the polished, even more amazing version of that, so I'm having all kinds of happies reading it! It feels like sitting down with all friends I haven't seen in years :)

So I hope you all have a great week, enter my giveaway and I'm off to continue reading Throne of Glass and get in my happy zone!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 2 year blogoversary and on starting a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can feel how much you enjoy your job and life right now through your words. Glad everything is so good. Hope to hear more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs*
    YAY for work and YAY for blogversary!!!
    I'm so happy you're enjoying your job and that the dealership guy was good about the car - you never know with car salesmen!

    Also, YAY for Throne of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that your job is working out perfectly, and also for your 2 years celebration!

    YES. THRONE OF GLASS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that your job is working out and that you're enjoying it! :-) That's awesome.

    And that does stink about your car but it's a good thing it happened so soon after you bought it so that the dealer would fix it. Could have been a lot worse!

    Hope you have a good week Daisy!

    ReplyDelete