Monday, August 13, 2012

Review of Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter


Title/Author: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimée Carter
Publisher/Date published: Harlequin Teen, March 27th 2012
How I got this book: received it from the publisher through NetGalley and bought it cause I couldn't resist owning my own copy after I loved The Goddess Test so much!!

Goodreads summary: "Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.
Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.
Henry's first wife, Persephone."

So you guys remember how much I loved The Goddess Test? I'm a Greek mythology geek through and through and proud of it :) So I can't for the life of me understand why I waited this long to read this beautiful sequel!!

It took me a little longer to get into Goddess Interrupted than it did The Goddess Test, but Aimée Carter weaves such a wonderful tale that I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters and the world she's created all over again.

Kate is still the wonderful main character I remember from The Goddess Test. I loved how brave she was, even though some of her actions were sort of ill-advised, she never crossed over into the too-stupid-to-live category. I could easily imagine making the same choices. I was so proud of her for repeatedly putting herself out there with Henry when she didn't get much encouragement from him. She was genuinely trying to work on their relationship and I applaud the girl for not running off when things get hard.

And Henry, beautiful broken Henry. The Henry I'd gotten to know and love in The Goddess Test was a bit absent in Goddess Interrupted, but in the end he showed up and it was epic... I love him, he's a flawed character and he doesn't always make it easy to love him, but I do just the same.

What I love so much about Aimée's storytelling is that I'm RIGHT THERE with Kate. I'm there when she has doubts and when she feels lonely and despairs if Henry will ever love her like she loves him. And I cried SO HARD. I mean, I'm used to getting tears in my eyes at heartbreak, cause I'm a big ol' sap, but there were tears streaming down my face, TEARS EVERYWHERE! It was so, SO good!

And OMG! THE CLIFFHANGER ENDING! I was going NOOOOO! You can't leave me like this!! I'll have to wait over half a year for the next book!! It will be excruciating! I had not seen that coming. AT ALL.

So thank you, Aimée Carter, for sharing Kate and Henry's story with me and the rest of the world. Thank you for making me fall in love with them and just feeling ALL THE THINGS! Seriously, ALL THE THINGS!

I think I can even forgive you for that ending, somewhat.

The Goddess Inheritance really needs to be here right now...

My rating: 5 stars

5 comments:

  1. Wow, we had such different reactions to this one. I loathed Henry in this book, and how the relationship was represented. I'm hoping the next one will be better, but perhaps this series simple isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like The Goddess Test nearly as much as I loved Goddess Interrupted. Honestly, I loved Henry even more in this book - and the story was AWESOME. That ending was killer though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for the 1st book in this series to come from Paperbackswap... wish it would hurry up already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really happy you enjoyed this book so much. I skipped it because I wasn't crazy about the Goddess Test - Henry was perhaps the hold-out character that I kind of liked - but I'm always happy when the second book lives up to the expectations of the first for the people that liked it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee Carter tells us about the gods and goddesses in a way that shows how they relate to humanity. It's a fresh take on the mythology and a refreshing take on the mythology. This book was a great read!
    suggested Dallas Divorce Lawyer website

    ReplyDelete