Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Review of Wicked In Your Arms by Sophie Jordan


Title/Author: Wicked In Your Arms (Forgotten Princesses #1) by Sophie Jordan
Publisher/Date published: Avon, July 26th 2011
How I got this book: got it from my brother as a Christmas present!

Goodreads summary: "One of the most notoriously eligible bachelors in Europe is finally ready to marry...
For fiercely independent Grier Hadley, being the illegitimate daughter of one of London's most unsavory characters has only one advantage: an enormous, ill-gotten dowry.
Prince Sevastian Maksimi knows where his duty lies: he must find a well-bred young lady — one with a considerable fortune to her name — wed her promptly, and get to the business of producing an heir.
The last thing Grier needs is some unattainable prince curling her toes with his smoldering glances and wicked suggestions. As far as Sev is concerned, she lacks the breeding to become a princess. And yet one kiss from this arresting female is all it takes for him to realize that anyone else in his arms would be unthinkable..."

Oh Sophie Jordan, how I love your historical romances! Even though it was slightly mortifying to receive this from my BROTHER as a Christmas present, I cannot regret putting it on my wishlist, cause it was simply wonderful!

The story just flows seemingly effortlessly and I breezed through the whole novel in no time at all! I was fully immersed in Grier and Sev's story and the thing that's keeping me from giving Wicked In Your Arms the full five stars, is that it didn't make me cry. And I wanted to so badly!

Grier is a character I'd want as my friend. She's a little short of respectable, but she's not about to take crap from anyone because of that. I loved how strong she was and how conflicted she was about Sev.

And I'll be honest with you guys, SEV! Seriously, he's the uber alpha male with his princeness and being a military man and just *SWOON*. I don't think I would have resisted all of the amazing maleness of him either! I loved how he chased after Grier and how the two of them just couldn't help themselves around each other.

That little something extra that would have brought tears to my eyes wasn't there, like I'd come to expect from Sophie Jordan's novels. But nevertheless, I did enjoy myself immensely! The characters were loveable, their chemistry was really good and the romance was absolutely swoonworthy! I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series Lessons from a Scandalous Bride, which focuses on Cleo, Grier's lovely half-sister!

My rating: 4,5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Eep! I have yet to read a Sophie Jordan historical romance. I need to get on that train! This sounds goooooood.

    ReplyDelete