Sunday, February 3, 2013

Daisy Update (32) and Book Haul (9)

So this was a mostly uneventful week. FINALLY!
Well, other than that Monday had me running around trying to keep all the patients on the nursing floor I was working at alive. Other than that I had it mostly under control somewhat. And there seemed to be a daily delivery of books, all my pre-orders always seem to come in at the same time, which was nice to come home to :)

On Saturday I went over to see the house one of my friends bought and it needs a lot of work, but it's going to be beautiful! They have a garden and everything, it's so great! I'm so happy for them :D And it's about a 5-10 minute walk from where I live, so we'll be drinking LOTS OF TEA together! :) Both of our boyfriends are frequently busy in the evenings, so we'll keep each other company :)

While you're reading this, I'm actually working, it's time for another 24-hour shift and this week I'll be working the night shift *sigh*. Oh well, maybe I'll actually catch some sleep.

I hope you're having a more relaxing Sunday than I am!

Book Haul


Egalleys for Review
-Hidden by Marianne Curley: Angel YA can go either REALLY good or really bad... I'm hoping this will fall in the first category, cause it sounds awesome :)
-Infatuate by Aimee Agresti
-Reboot by Amy Tintera: getting rebooted when you die and serving as a soldier I AM ALL KINDS OF EXCITED!
-September Girls by Bennett Madison: yay mermaids!
-You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle: I can't be the only one who wonders what ever happened to those child-stars from the movies/TV series you loved right??
-Towering by Alex Flinn: a Rapunzel retelling, need I say more?
-The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: I think this will be my second school crush, after Hogwarts.
-Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn: it sounds really creepy and exciting!
-Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
-Parallel by Lauren Miller: I'm one of those people always wondering: WHAT IF? So this sounds like my kind of book.
-Night School by C.J. Daughterty: guys, there is a boarding school that's not entirely normal, of course I'm IN!
-Weather Witch by Shannon Delaney
-Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland: it sounds like a wonderful summer read!
-Transparent by Natalie Whipple

SO much HarperTeen epicness! I couldn't resist all the shiny copies on Edelweiss...


Bought
-Prophecy by Ellen Oh: already read and really enjoyed it, my review.
-Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: TEEN ASSASSINS!
-Boundless by Cynthia Hand: AAAH!! The final book in the series! I'm both over the moon excited and REALLY scared to start this! Jamie told me I'll need tissues...
-Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans: YAY! Finally! I've heard great things about it and Lenore is awesome!
-Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins: I know I'm SO late jumping on this bandwagon, but I completely fell in love with Hex Hall and am DYING to read this one!!
-Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi: I'll need some undisturbed reading time for this, cause I'm counting on not wanting to put it down!
-The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead: I'm such a little book hoarder, I haven't even read more than book 1 in the Vampire Academy series and am already collecting this series...
-Just One Day by Gayle Forman: SO EXCITED!
-Changeling by Philippa Gregory: I LOVE Philippa Gregory's books!

Gifted
-Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly: as a late Christmas present from my brother, he's awesome and buys me books :)
-Handmade Mexican doll from Alex @ A Girl, Books and Other Things who is all kinds of sweet! I absolutely love it!! Thank you!

Link me up to your book haul and I'll be sure to check it out once I get home!

12 comments:

  1. Lots of exciting looking books this week! I'm trying not too look to closely in case I start requesting more books. I really need to win the lottery soon so I can take up my destiny to read books full time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'd do the same if I ever won the lottery ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooo I can't wait to see if you like Changeling!

    That's exciting about your friend buying a house so close to you! Bummer that you have to work today though, I hope it's not too busy and you get a few naps in! Have a good week Daisy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to read it!! :)
      And yes, I'm SO happy! :) We used to share the apartment when we were both in college, it's nice to have her in the neighbourhood again :)

      Delete
  3. I would kill for an uneventful week right now!
    Some interesting looking books, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I kinda loved that not a lot was going on this week :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for unevenful weeks!! :D those are kind of the best sometimes.

    Also great books! Let me know how the School of Good and Evil turns out, it looks adorbs!!

    and I'm glad you got the doll!! hopefully the BD stuff will come soon too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!!
      It does, doesn't it? :D I'm really excited to read it!
      I'm sure the books will come soon as well :) The doll is so pretty :D It's getting a place of honor in the apartment :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing books you've got there! :D Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many amazing books! I absolutely loved Just One Day, it's so so good. And I can't wait to see what you think of Level 2, Reboot, Parallel, Nantucket Blue, Transparent... oh, all the pretties! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing haul! It looks like there's going to be a lot of quality reading up ahead for you.

    I'm currently reading Changeling, and I do like it so far. I'm very curious to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete