Sunday, March 31, 2013

Daisy Update (37) and Book Haul (12)

Hi guys!

It's been two weeks! And I've been both busy and not so busy :)

The first of these weeks was somewhat uneventful because well, I was working and it was just SO QUIET. I can't believe that after the crazy week I had before that one where I didn't know how I would get all the work done, there was just virtually nothing to do! It was so surreal! But also nice because I got all the piled up paperwork done and had time to have coffee and socialize with the nursing staff and our secretary and the other residents, which was nice.

Friday was the event of the week because the boyfriend graduated for the second time and I'm just so proud of him! My family and his came over to our place for dinner after and we'd made SO MUCH FOOD! I love cooking, but 15 people means A LOT of food! And also LOTS of dishes... But we had a wonderful time and that's what counts :)

Last Sunday I had one of our infamous 24-hour shifts and while the ER was pretty quiet, I had a lot of sick patients to take care of who'd been admitted in the days before, so it was still a pretty busy day. I'm still not really sure how one patient who I didn't think would make it, made a miraculous recovery. I mean, I'm happy she did, but I don't understand how it was possible. Oh well :)

Because of our new schedule, a Sunday shift now comes with a week off after, so this last week has been gloriously work-free! It was lovely to just spend time at home with the boyfriend, not having to get up at 6AM every day and just relax! I've been reading a lot, trying to catch up with my towering TBR pile (yeah, like that'll ever happen). I spend time with my friends and the boyfriend and I went to the spa on Thursday and dinner at an Armenian restaurant after, and the food was SO GOOD!
The only downside to this was that while we were eating someone decided to steal my bike. Which royally sucks, I only got it last year brand new and now it's gone... :( Sometimes people suck.

Friday I went over to my parents' for dinner and after that I got together with 3 friends from high school to book a girls weekend in Antwerp! We're going on April 12th and I'm really excited, it'll be so much fun!

Yesterday I mostly chilled at home and when the boyfriend came home we ate pizza and hung out together, we tried a new TV series Continuum and it's really good! In other TV news: tonight season 3 of Game of Thrones premiers!! EEE! :D

Book Haul


Bought
-Insatiable by Meg Cabot: I've been meaning to read more of Meg Cabot's books and this one was bargainpriced, so of course I had to order it!
-Slide by Jill Hathaway: I've been feeling really guilty about slacking on reading my review copy of it and bought the paperback to make up for it :)
-Pulse by Patrick Carman: this book was screaming at me to buy it because it just sounds like such a me-book! I'm hoping it'll be awesome!
-Shiver, Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: I already owned and read the first book in the series, but couldn't resist the sale on this pretty boxed set! I didn't love Shiver, but I do want to know why everybody was raving about the series so I'll read it eventually.
-Requiem by Lauren Oliver: EEE! It's HERE! I will binge-read Pandemonium and this one soon!
-Be My Prince by Julianne MacLean: I wanted to try a new historical romance author and this seemed a good book to start with :)
-Switched by Amanda Hocking: people seem to either LOVE it or hate it, which always makes me curious about a book!
-The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter: I'm both sad the series is ending and excited to see what will happen after that GINORMOUS cliffhanger at the end of Goddess Interrupted!
-The Trouble With Flirting by Claire LaZebnik: Epic Fail was really cute and this looks like a cute contemporary read as well :)
-The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen: so I haven't read The False Prince yet, I obviously needed this book!
-Gilt by Katherine Longshore: LOVED THIS BOOK! Needed my own copy :)


Egalleys for Review
-The Deepest Night by Shana Abe: this series just sounds so exciting!
-The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross: I really, really like this series, these books are what make me give steampunk a second, third and fourth chance!
-Blood Between Queens by Barbara Kyle: I don't know why I hadn't heard of this series before, because it sounds like just the thing for my Tudor obsessed heart!
-Ten Reasons to Stay by Sabrina Jeffries: I've been hearing really good things about this author and this novella sounds like it has the potential to be really sweet!
-Lady Vivian Defies a Duke by Samantha Grace: I love those romances in which someone plays matchmaker and ends up falling for the person he's matching up with someone else :)
-One Night With a Rake by Mia Marlowe: a rake who falls in love. Yes I am a sap for these kinds of stories!
-The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry: sometimes I just need to get my creep on and this sounds like just the book for it!
-This is W.A.R. by Lisa & Laura Roecker: a girl is killed and four other girls our out for VENGEANCE, YES!

I hope you're all having a wonderful week and don't forgot to enter my giveaway of a The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare RIGHT HERE

6 comments:

  1. That sucks about your bike, we had loads go missing at work and we now have a bike cage. But yay for your boyfriend and also the lovely reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Armenian food, but I would like to.
    Congrats to your boyfriend for graduating!
    And that's a shame about your bike, people are horrid sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess that sometimes when you talk about the hospital and your work stuff I imagine it playing out like on E.R. the TV show.

    And you got some awesome books!! :)
    People do suck sometimes, :( sorry about your bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your week off sounds amazing! Those are the best. Although that REALLY stinks about your bike! People are so stupid.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your week/s sound AMAZING. I'm so glad you had a chance to relax and enjoy yourself a wee bit! And it looks like you've gotten some great books in your haul too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice book haul! I loved Shiver but still haven't gotten around to reading the rest of the series. I can't wait to see if you change your mind about them.

    ReplyDelete